Monica Muehfeld is currently a Marketing Associate at Discover Financial Services. She received her B.A. in Communication from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2012.
- Kathleen Nolan is currently a Senior Consultant at Northern Trust, where she works in the field of Organizational Communication. In this spotlight, Ms. Nolan shares some memories and wisdom related to her undergraduate experience at a Communication major.
- Through Communication internships and courses, Christina Pagliero ('10) developed broad expertise i
- Monica Muehfeld is currently a Marketing Associate at Discover Financial Services. She received her B.A. in Communication from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2012.
- A degree in Communication can be part of an exciting and diverse undergraduate experience, which helps our students thrive in dynamic professional roles.
- Being a Communication major opens doors for many future career paths, whether it is in a corporate, nonprofit, international, or educational setting. Rita Mannelli sat down with us during her tenure as the Director of Marketing and Communications at DePaul University School of Music.
- As the Partner Engagement Manager at Netflix, Peter Cohen develops relationships with internet service providers and technology partners across the United States and Canada. Prior to his time at Netflix, he worked at Amazon.com where he served as a Peering Manager.
- Current Position: Some of you may remember me as an instructor and academic advisor in the Department of Communication at the University of Illinois. Since then, I moved to Colorado and transitioned from working with undergraduate students in Commu
- Mary works as a Business Development Manager in the healthcare industry, where she is responsible for collaborating with clients and colleagues across the industry. She completed her BA in 2003 and her MS in Health Communication in 2012.
- Mark currently works in publishing, where he curates content for healthcare professionals across many mediums. In this spotlight, Mark talks about the student groups and courses that enriched his undergraduate experience in the Communication program.
- Kelsey works as a communication and media coordinator, where she combines her knowledge of persuasive campaigns with an understanding of public policy messages, two topics she studied during her graduate coursework.
- Lindsey Bergstahler currently serves as the Director of Content Marketing Solutions for the American Hospital Association (AHA), in which she designs and implements outreach strategies to connect healthcare companies with the AHA’s members and other healthcare decision makers.
- Casey Murphy is currently a managing supervisor at the marketing and public relations firm Fleishman Hillard. Murphy received her B.A.
- Mike works in marketing, where his communication training equipped him to think about the needs of audiences and craft messages that can help clients meet their goals.
- Quixada is a Carsey Fellow for New Hampshire Listens. Quixada’s research interests include financial aid policy and how the cost of college influences access to higher education, both in America and abroad.
- Joan Volkmann currently serves as Associate Dean of Advancement for the College of Liberal Arts and Science as the University of Illinois. In that role, Ms. Volkmann oversees the college’s alumni relations, development, and special events programs.
- Neil Jensen (’96) currently serves as Vice President of Strategy for the software vendor Workday. He has also worked in Strategy & Advising at Appirio, a global consulting firm that specializes in crowdsourcing strategies and cloud technologies.