Marisa Ashley Smith
Marisa A. Smith is a Ph.D. candidate in the Department of Communication at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. Her research investigates social media news effects, pertaining to stereotype endorsements, political polarization, and activism. Her research interests include media effects, social media news, race and stereotypes, political polarization, activism, and social movements.
- Mediated Communication and Technology
Distinctions / Awards
- 2019 - The Karl R. Wallace Award
- 2019 - The Ruth Anne Clark Scholarship Award
- 2017 - President’s Research in Diversity Travel Award
- 2018 - NCA Diversity Travel Award